Sileo by Electra Jailbreak Team
Sileo, a known name in the medical field but not in the jailbreak community until now. But, Sileo will be a familiar phrase in the jailbreak community eventually with the rise of Sileo project by Electra jailbreak team.
Sileo is the Cydia alternative or replacement to the Cydia as Saurik doesn’t seem to be update Cydia as it was years ago. This is a step forward from Electra jailbreak team as fully compatible Cydia is only available for iOS 10.3.3 and lower versions.
Electra jailbreak for iOS 11 versions (iOS 11 - iOS 11.3.1 at the moment to be exact) has added support to the Cydia but it was a patched version of Cydia. Hopefully it did the job while waiting for official Cydia release for iOS 11 from Saurik himself as he was promised.
Jailbreak community waited months for the iOS 11 Cydia release even after few jailbreak releases. At the end, Electra jailbreak team decided to build a replacement for Cydia. It can’t be Cydia due to copyright issues, but will do the same once Cydia does and in a more efficient manner.
What Sileo Actually is? Pros and Cons
As mentioned earlier, Sileo is the Cydia replacement developing by Electra jailbreak team. It will be support all 64-bit devices running iOS 11 and later versions. Just as with everything else, Sileo has its own pros and cons. Let’s check it out.
- Cydia supported repos will work with Sileo without additional configurations
- Users can add tweaks easily with Cydia similar interfaces
- Tweak developers have a platform for their products when updated for iOS 11
- Unsupported tweaks will be filtered out, so that users don’t have to be worry about the tweaks they are installing
- User friendly UI for safe mode with more options
- Sileo will be load quite faster than Cydia
- Cydia purchases can continue with Sileo
- Will only support iOS 11 and later versions
- Sileo supports only 64-bit devices
- Tweak filtering could be an issue for tweak developers and testers
Sileo download is not publicly available at the moment as Electra jailbreak team is still developing the project. This is a video of Sileo in work.
Demo of Sileo and Project Repo-Unclutter refreshing repos in under 2 seconds. pic.twitter.com/9bSCowI5nb— Sileo (@GetSileo) July 23, 2018
Seems pretty clean for an undergoing project and much more faster than Cydia.
Sileo is available to download and install as a beta version. You can find the Sileo in the Cydia if you’ve jailbreak your device using the Electra jailbreak.
Also, you can install Sileo using the deb file of Sileo beta using iFile or Filza.
Release Date of Sileo
Release date has not announced by the Electra team just yet and we will be able to let you know once they do. However, as the project flows we believe it will be available for tests and optimizations soon. Will get to you with more news on Sileo as it happened. Keep in touch.